04 Jun Google My Business Access
Google My Business is a free tool from Google to quickly and easily get your business online. You can list all your business information such as services, opening hours, photos and more.
Google uses Google My Business listings to show relevant businesses when people are searching for particular businesses in a specific area. You may have seen other businesses shown on Google like below – these are Google My Business listings.
We often request access to Google My Business pages to be able to:
- See what keywords your business is showing for
- To create ‘Location Extensions’ in Google Ads which allow us to show your business location and, in some cases, your reviews in our ads
If you do not yet have a Google My Business page setup we can create one for you.
To grant us access to your Google My Business page:
1. Head to https://www.google.com/business/
2. Log into your account
3a. If you already have Google My Business setup then you should see this screen
3b. If you do not have Google My Business setup you should see this screen – let us know if this is the case.
4. In the menu, click on ‘Users’
5. Click the Add icon and ‘Invite new users’
6. Add any email addresses we have provided into the email address field
7. Select ‘Owner’ permission if you are a current client or ‘Manager’ if we are completing an audit for you
Note: If you later become a client we will request that you change this to ‘Owner’
8. Click ‘Invite’ and you are done!