02 Jun Google Search Console Access
Google Search Console is a terrific information source for website search traffic.
We often request access to Google Search Console to gain a better understanding of how visitors are currently finding your website on Google.
To grant us access to your search console account:
1. Head to https://search.google.com/search-console/
2. Log into your account
3a. If you already have search console setup then you should see this screen
3b. If you do not have Search Console setup you will see this screen:
In this case, let us know and we may be able to set this up for you.
4. If you heave search console setup already then you just need to go to the correct account for your website.
You can do this by clicking on the ‘property’ field just below the Google Search Console logo.
You may have up to 4 or even 5 variations of your website for different variations of your URL such as:
- Domain Property
For now just select the first one that pops up.
5. Click on ‘Settings’
6. Click ‘Users and permissions’
7. Click ‘Add User’
8. Add any email addresses we have provided into the email address field
9. Select ‘Full’ permission if you are a current client or ‘Restricted’ if we are completing an audit for you.
Note: If you later become a client we will request that you change this to ‘Full’
10. Click ‘Add’
6. Complete step 5-10 for each of the different URL variations