09 Sep How To Give Others Access To A Google Ads Account
On occasion you may need to give people access to Google Ads accounts that you manage. This could include team members, clients, account staff and various other stakeholders.
Follow the steps below to give access to anyone that requires it.
1. Log into Google Ads and select the correct account
2. Click on Tools & Settings > Setup (Access and security)
3. Click the ‘+’ icon on the users tab
4. Enter the email address of the user you wish to give access to
5. Select the level of access the user needs and send the invitation
Email only means the user will receive email notifications and be able to view reports. This is appropriate where you are sharing reports with clients but wish to restrict access to the account itself.
Billing allows access only to edit and change the billing details. This is suitable for accounts staff that need access to invoices and billing information.
Read only allows access to the account but removes the ability to make changes.
Standard allows users to do everything aside from managing users. This is appropriate for team members and staff actively working on the account.
Admin gives users full control over the account.
6. Some accounts will restrict access to certain email addresses. If this is the case, then click on the Security tab > Allowed domains and add any domains you want to white list for access. For example if the email address is email@example.com you will need to add tomstoys.com.au as an allowed domain before you can give access to this user
7. Once you have given access to a new user they will receive an email regarding the account access invitation. They will need to open this email and click ‘Accept Invitation’ before they can access the account.
8. If it is their first time accessing Google Ads they may need to complete a few questions before access is granted.
That is it. You are done!
If you need any assistance with this or other Google Ads questions send me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org